Be one of the very first people to live in our brand-new Clear Lake apartments, located on East Nasa Boulevard. Our entire leasing, management and maintenance team take extreme pride in our community, from the inside out when it comes to cleanliness. We also know cleaning takes time, so we wanted to share some quick and easy tips and cleaning hacks for keeping your Clear Lake apartments clean.
Check out these 8 tips and cleaning hacks for your Clear Lake apartment
- Cell Phone Cleaning Tips: Before we get started on your actual apartment, we want to remind you how important it is to keep your cell phone clean. This is something you touch every day, so it needs to be at the top of your list! According to a Real Simple article, “Considering how often we reach for our phones, it’s no surprise that a2012 study by the University of Arizona found that cell phones have more germs than toilet seats. Yuck! Keep your hands clean, wipe down the surface with an antibacterial microfiber cloth, and spray cleansers onto a cloth rather than directly onto the screen to prevent damage. Remove the case and wipe it with a clean cloth dipped in 70-percent isopropyl alcohol, then let dry.”
- Don’t Forget These Spots: Things like doorknobs, light switches, remote controls, and the toilet handle are all things that need to be wiped down with disinfecting spray/wipes on a regular basis. Pro tip: Remove the batteries before cleaning your remote controls and turn off any electronics before cleaning or wiping them down.
- Faucets Are Important Too: We often get so invested in cleaning our kitchen and bathroom countertops that we forget to wipe down the faucets, which are just as important considering how often you touch them.
- Your Couch: Not only do you want to vacuum or clean your couch regularly per the care instructions, but think of the stuff on it, like blankets, pillows, stuffed animals or dog toys that need to be washed regularly. Certain plastic toys can be run through the dishwasher, while others may need an organic disinfectant wipe.
- Appliances: We love our Clear Lake apartment appliances just as much as you but remember to wipe them down often. This includes the outside surfaces and removing the fridge and built-in wine chiller contents every few months to toss out old stuff and wipe out the germs and dirt that inevitably get in there. This also doubles as a great time to throw out old food and reorganize your shelves.
- Rugs and Baseboards: Don’t forget to shake out and wash your rugs on a regular basis and wipe down your baseboards, as they are notorious for collecting dust and making your apartment look and feel dirty.
- Clean Regularly. Have you ever heard the saying what takes 2 minutes today takes 5 minutes tomorrow? That same message applies to cleaning. If you stay up on your cleaning tasks, then you won’t have to spend hours deep cleaning your apartment. Set a reminder each week to change your bed sheets or wipe down your kitchen appliances. Small actions can truly go a long way when it comes to cleaning. We know life gets hectic, so if you clean every few days and tidy up, you won’t get overwhelmed with a dirty or messy apartment.
- Cleaning Supplies. Stay stocked up on cleaning supplies, so it’s easy (see tip #7) to clean up messes as they happen and clean regularly. But if you run out of cleaning supplies or want to try making own, check out these DIY Recipes for Cleaning Supplies.
One of the advantages of living in our Clear Lake apartments is our hardworking maintenance team that can help with things related to your apartment appliances, and other various tasks around your apartment. Our team is always available to chat about helping you keep your apartment clean and cozy, and please let us know if you see an area of our community that needs attention.
Visit or call our Clear Lake apartments today for a private tour. We are conveniently located at 1235 East Nasa Blvd. and can be reached at 832.224.9696 for leasing questions, including pricing and availability. Don’t forget to ask about our current spring and summer leasing specials.